Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Today is the day!

Well at this moment I am on an airplane on the way to Washington DC. We all made it through security with no problem (except Lauren had to give up her peanut butter) the airplane to DC is a closterphobics nightmare and teddy has helped me through it! Here is a picture of us on the plane! Also here is a picture of our group. We all are getting to know each other and almost all my anxiety about this trip is gone! Saying goodbye to Mama was hard, I have never been without seeing her for more then a week so this is a big step for us. Hopefully Skype will help me not get so homesick. I got lots of text messages this morning wishing me luck on the trip so that also helped a lot. Please say a prayer that our not flight to Belgium goes well and the flight from there to Kampala as well! We will be staying in a hotel in Kampala tomorrow night and will drive the 6 hours to Gulu the next morning. The time difference from Auburn to Gulu is 8 hours so now it is 12pm in Auburn and 8pm in Gulu. So Skype people when we do it it will probably be around 7 Gulu time and 11 auburn time! We can email to determine actual Skype dates! Love y'all!
Mattie

1 comment:

  1. I slept like a rock last night! Mattie, I hope you and teddy did too, even if it was on a plane :-) I feel all the prayers and have tremendous peace about your journey and God's work you will do along the way. I look forward to hearing from you and skyping across the continents soon.
    Mama Loves you!

    ReplyDelete