Saturday, May 26, 2012

4 days!

First off let me apologize for not posting the last couple of days! It has been crazy! But, I am finally to the point where I can be completely focused on getting ready to leave! Right now it is totally blowing my mind! After graduating, camp war eagle, and a family day trip to a Braves game I am now to the bottom of the basic to-do list! Next up: AFRICA!!! Now I know that I still have to pack, purchase some items, and fly 20 hours to get there but it is seeming more real then ever that this is actually happening. And the nerves are kicking in. Now I am having some anxiety about flying, planes scare me, also I am somewhat scared that I won't fit in well with the other girls, since I am so much younger. I am also scared about what will happen when we get there; what if the kids don't like me? What if I mess something up and ruin someone's life? I can "what if" till the cows come home but that won't fix anything. I think I am really just going to have to pray it through and hope for the best. I know that the Lord is going to do some amazing things on this trip, I just need to step out of the way, stop being so controlling, and let him work his magic. I know it will all work out but I ask that you are in continuous prayer for me and the other interns as we all have anxieties about the future. Again I know my favorite verse will get me through, it's just taking a while for me to let it happen!

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jer. 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment