Monday, June 4, 2012

One simple book

A friend of mine gave me a journal titled "Lord I Love To Praise Your Name Journal" for my 18th birthday this past December. I love the book because on every page it has a bible verse and a quote. Now when people wrote this book they had no idea of knowing what I would be doing when writing on a certain page. God has too much fun with things like this! While I have been on this trip I have had multiple times when what we were discussing and what the devotion was about was on the page! Example: we were discussing how to tell these children the Gospel with the language barrier and o coarse my book said: "But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these"" Luke 18:16. Wow, how did my book know that we would be struggling with this task and easily backed our problem up with scripture? Talk about a God Moment! Also we were discussing Poverty Alleviation and what the Bible tells us about what to to to help the poor, we were Debating an issue Anouilh wether or not to pass out candy to the children for fear of them coming for candy and not the Gospel . Then as I turned the page in my notebook the scripture said: "for you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." 1 Peter 1:18-19. Again, just smacked in the face by the Gospel! I'm not exactly sure what God has planned here but he for sure is not planning on leaving us alone here in Gulu! One simple book has given me such confidence that I have never had, the confidence to go
Out into the community and proclaim boldly who Jesus is and that no matter what you have or do not have He is always with you! John chapter 9 talks about how we may not be healed here on this earth but when we get to heaven, everything will be great! Revelations 21:4 backs this up also! Wow, it is just so wonderful to see God working here in such a powerful way. I would like to say thank you to the friend who gave me the journal and even more thanks to God who is using it in such a wonderful way!
Love,
Mattie

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! God constantly amazes me how He goes before us and prepares the way---prevenient grace---just what you need before you even know you need it :-)

    Much Love,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mattie! We know your mom from Auburn Engineering and know Jamie's family here in Birmingham. We just want you to know we are praying for you as your adventure continues. Blessings...Bob and Linda W.

    ReplyDelete