Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Evangelism via tattoo

Well originally I got my tattoo as a reminder for me, when times got rough I could look down at my wrist and remember "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11. Well apparently God has some bigger plans for my tattoo.

Today I was in music class next to another teacher who was just sitting there listening to the music, he looks over and catches a glance of the "J" underneath my watch and bracelet, then he points to it and asks me to show him. He asked what it stood for and so I said, "it is a bible verse that reminds me that God has my life in control". He proceeds to pull out a notepad and copies down the "Jer. 29:11" and says "for me to look up when I get home" I replied with quoting the verse and pulling out my bible and showing him so he could write it down.

He asked "where I went to pray". The people here have a hard time grasping the concept of praying all the time anywhere you are, they don't understand that you do not have to be in a church to pray. Well my response was "oh I pray everywhere, all the time" he was somewhat confused and so I began to explain that you did not have be in a church building for God to hear your prayers. It was a somewhat short conversation but turns out we go to the same church here in
Gulu.

I love how God used a tattoo, that some people were not too happy about me getting, to start a conversation with a complete stranger in the middle of a music class! God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! I just thought I would share that quick story that made me smile!

Love,
Mattie

1 comment:

  1. God can take anything and use it to glorify and grow His kingdom-----even a tatoo that "some" people were not too happy about :-) Mama loves you, and I guess the tattoo too.

    ReplyDelete